Friday, May 22, 2009

Hanging out @ Espressamente, Pavilion

You know how yesterday I mentioned that I've cleaned up my room? And that I've pretty much settled all of my working matters? And how, all I have to worry about now is study?

Obviously that didn't happened since I was out and about (again) today. Hee... If Ms Sheila - my lecturer - reads about this, and is physically here, I'm pretty sure I kena ketuk kepala dengan buku teks yg seberat 2kg tu. Adoi... *rubs away imaginary pain*

Anyway, I had a good reason to be out today though. After months of empty talk and promises, I finally made plans to meet up with an old friend from college, who has been back since January and whom I haven't met for 2 years! It would've been more ideal if we could meet up with the rest of the gang, but some of them are busy with working lives, one is panicking over her exam (which I should be doing), and the other one is still in UK furthering her studies. So... Two is still a company right?

We met up at Pavilion for lunch, went shopping, and ended the day with coffee and cake. I'm still on an Illy's high, so we went to Espressamente @ Pavilion for my daily dose of coffee, after buying some pastries at The Loft. I went ahead with their Coffee Set, and ordered Cappucino Viennese with an extra shot of espresso, and the apple crumble. I have to say that I've never been much of an apple-anything person, but this... this basically converted me to a worshipper. I think this is going to be my new go-to place whenever I'm in need of a good hearty bite of apple crumble. See the picture, and I'll let you be the judge.


It was great hanging out here @ Espressamente. The staff were cordial and attentive, the atmosphere was good, the coffee and apple crumble are fantastic, there were plenty of magazines to browse through, and we had a good window seat for people-watching. I'm not much of a people-watching person, but it was nice to see the world go by while you're in your comfort zone. The company of an old friend is definitely a comfort zone for me, and it was great catching up with Azzah, get up-to-date to where the rest of our classmates are now, reminiscing on the good ol' days...


Thanks for the day Azzah! We definitely have to meet up again very soon, and this time with the rest of the gang!

PS: I ran my first 5k today! Huuzah!

No comments: