Wednesday, August 12, 2009

My next big adventure?

Oh! Look! I saw this and now I want to do THIS:


pic courtesy of nicolekiss... with some minor changes.

After Vietnam, I had set my heart on Laos simply because it's the tubing capital of SEA. What's tubing, you ask? Do your own wiki search... so lazy to go dig up a link for you lots. (^___^) But basically it involves fitting your butt on a huge rubber tube and go off 'floating' down the river. And among the backpackers community, it is the thing to do if you're in the Mekong Delta Triangle. If you've been in backpackers district in Hanoi or HCMC or maybe even Bangkok, you'd see people proudly showing off their t-shirts. And goodness, everytime I saw one, I wanted to earn the right to be able to wear one as well. Yeah... yeah... call it 'peer' pressure. Whatever. Pfft.

And for the longest time, I've been raking my head thinking of how I'd be able to travel through Laos because... honestly? It's not exactly the most accessible country in SEA - second only to Burma. And travelling through one country alone is... mmm... But... yeah, nicolekiss's travel blog had inspired me to try out this route, but instead of going off to Cambodia, I'd shuttle myself some sort of transportation to Luang Prabang in Laos. Make my way over to Vang Vieng, go further south to Vientienne and... well, we'll see how it goes from here. I might just as well drop by to see some friends in Dalat, Vietnam!

I have that wicked grin on my face already, rubbing my hands in utter glee. This sounds fantastic, and I can't wait to try it out soon. Although.... if I were to mention to certain somebodies of travelling solo again, I'd never see the light of it.

No comments: